Tuesday, October 18, 2011

'Magic' of digital content

Hi All,

Its been long time since I blogged about anything. I was trying, But my mind is not working since I got married to this lovely lady. I guess this is called newly-wed syndrome [:p].

Anyway I have decided to comment on the nice blog I read today. I came across this blog by Mireya Sémelas, who is working as Google eBooks Strategist. The title of the blog was apt and it is about experience of her Grandma when she experienced the ebooks (that are considered as gems ) in digital format through Google books.

Bloglink:
"So What is it you do there at Grogel"

I personally consider Google books as one of the nice intiative, which will carry nice and rare treasures to the future readers. Also it makes me to start searching for rare Indian books (Wondering whether can I find any rare/old Tamil epics/gems!!)

At this moment, I would like to comment on another application called "Ngram Viewer" built by Google engineers on top of Google books. You can find more about the application in the google labs or watch for the video - "What we learned from 5 million books".

Happy Learning!!!

No comments: